vendredi 10 mai 2013

Sugar Free

Today, I started a pretty interesting challenge: I'm going cold turkey on sugar! Yay! 
I've learned so many things about sugar these past few weeks and I decided that I just should try to stop eating any type of sugary food. 

Before I start telling more about this journey, here are some informative links about sugar:

Now that you're informed about the problem, here is how my first day's going:

Breakfast: oat meal with cinnamon and a glass of water
Snack: tomatoes with fresh basilic
Lunch: white pastas (I wish I could eat whole wheat pastas but my family doesn't like it) 

At 4 I'll probably drink green tea to fill me up a little, and tonight no dessert!

So far I'm really proud of myself, it's only the first day but I'm not tempted at all. I've read that the first few days are the easiest. Some people say that the second week is harder, because it's when your body starts to react to the complete absence of sugar. 




Here's how I plan to manage things:

First week (5/10 to 5/17): no sugar at all, not even fruits
Second week (5/18 to 5/25): still no sugar but I can add low glycemic fruits, such as apples.
Third week (5/26 to 6/2) same thing as the second week
Fourth week (6/3 to 6/10): I can restart drinking a small glass of fresh orange juice a day


By then:

- I should not be tempted by sugary food at all
- My taste buds will become more and more acute

I'm so excited to see the results! I'll keep you updated a few times a week!


Have a nice day!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire